Arsene Wenger is confident Jack Wilshere will sign a new deal after the two men sit down to discuss the Arsenal midfielder s future.
Wilshere s contract is due to expire in June, which has prompted speculation he could be set to leave Emirates Stadium for nothing as he seeks regular playing time.
The 25-year-old spent the previous season on loan at Bournemouth, and had not started a Premier League game for the Gunners since May 2016, prior to forcing his way into the XI for each of the team s last three league outings.
Wilshere will hope to make it four starts in succession when Arsenal visit Crystal Palace on Thursday and Wenger confirmed talks are due to be held in the near future.
I will sit down with him, yes, he told a media conference.
I b…
West Ham United are interested in signing Stoke City midfielder Joe Allen, according to Sky Sports.
The Hammers have been continuously linked with a move for the Wales international in the lead up to the transfer window reopening though the Potters have held firm in their stance of wanting to retain his services.
Hammers’ boss David Moyes has is on the lookout for a midfielder, with Jonjo Shelvey, Steven Nzonzi and William Carvalho also on his radar.
Allen moved to the Bet 365 Stadium from Liverpool in the summer of 2016 and has since racked up sixty appearances in all competitions, scoring nine goals.
He began his career with Swansea City, playing for them one hundred and fifty times before securing his move to Anfield while internationally he has…
Benfica are expected be boosted by the returns of Maxi Pereira and Lima for Wednesday s UEFA Champions League fixture against Zenit.
First-team regulars Pereira and Lima missed Benfica s 4-1 win over Moreirense in the Taca de Portugal on Saturday.
Uruguay international defender Pereira was rested by Benfica coach Jorge Jesus after playing against Costa Rica and Chile midweek, while Brazilian striker Lima missed the cup clash due to injury.
But the pair are set to make the important trip to Russia with Benfica s qualification hopes on the line in Group C.
Maxi Pereira arrived a few days ago, made two appearances for Uruguay, was tired but will be an option in Russia, Jesus told reporters post-game on Saturday.
Compared to Lima, who had a problem …
Ousmane Dembele has been cleared to make his Barcelona return after spending three and a half months out through injury, the club have confirmed.
The 20-year-old tore his hamstring in a LaLiga clash with Getafe on September 16 and missed the rest of 2017 after undergoing surgery in Finland.
The club s record signing has now been given the medical all-clear and could make his comeback for the first team as soon as Thursday, when they face Celta Vigo in the first leg of the Copa del Rey last 16.
Dembele joined Barca from Borussia Dortmund for an initial fee of €105million last August following Neymar s world-record €222m move to Paris Saint-Germain.
He managed only three appearances for Ernesto Valverde s side before injury struck in the 2-1 win at Col…
Harry Redknapp claims several Championship sides want Queens Park Rangers striker DJ Campbell following his loan spell at Ipswich Town.
Campbell managed just 11 English Premier League appearances in 2011/12, only two of which were starts.
He impressed on loan at Ipswich earlier this season, scoring 10 goals in 17 league outings.
Mick McCarthy s side are believed to be one of the clubs interested in signing the 31-year-old on a permanent basis.
Redknapp however has claimed he may consider keeping Campbell at QPR as they attempt to escape the Premier League relegation zone.
Speaking to reporters, Redknapp said: There s been nothing really (offers for players). The only one I ve had people ring me up about is DJ Campbell.
There are about si…
Portuguese daily that Newcastle are set to launch a fresh assault on Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
The Magpies are looking to sign a replacement for Demba Ba and they are believed to have made an offer for Bordeaux forward Yoan Gouffran.
Should the St James Park outfit fail to lure the player to England, they are expected to turn their attention towards Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
Sporting Lisbon rejected an €18 million offer from CSKA Moscow last summer, but their difficult financial situation means they might have to cash in on their prized asset in the January transfer window.
Fiorentina and Napoli are also closely monitoring the Dutch forward, who has been in scintillating form since joining the club from Utrecht in the summer of 2011.…
Lionel Messi and Neymar were on target as Paris Saint-Germain thumped Nantes 4-0 to win the Trophee des Champions on Sunday.
Kylian Mbappe did not travel to Israel for the clash at Bloomfield Stadium in Tel Aviv, but his absence was not felt as Christophe Galtier started his reign as PSG boss in style.
Messi set the Ligue 1 champions on their way in the 22nd minute with a cool finish, before Neymar doubled their advantage with a superb whipped free-kick from 25 yards on the stroke of half-time.
Sergio Ramos made it 3-0 shortly before the hour mark with an improvised finish, then Neymar claimed a second late on from the penalty spot after an incident that saw Jean-Charles Castelletto dismissed.
I 2-0
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_Eng…
Cristiano Ronaldo is thinking about himself with his desire to leave Manchester United, says former Red Devils team-mate Louis Saha.
The Portugal international has reportedly asked to leave Old Trafford for a club who are playing in the Champions League.
United cannot offer him football at that level after the team only finished sixth in last season s Premier League.
Ronaldo finished as top scorer in his first season back at United with 24 goals in all competitions, but he was absent from pre-season trips to Thailand and Australia and only returned to action in Sunday s 1-1 friendly draw with Rayo Vallecano.
Even that was not without controversy as Ronaldo, who started the game but made way for Amad Diallo at half-time, was pictured leaving Old Traffo…
Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva thanked Cruzeiro for allowing him to live the dream by signing for Real Madrid.
New Real Madrid midfielder Lucas Silva described signing for the La Liga giants as a dream come true as he said goodbye to Cruzeiro.
Real confirmed they signed Silva on Friday, adding the 21-year-old to their squad just days after securing Norwegian wunderkind Martin Odegaard from Stromsgodset.
In a statement on Cruzeiro s website, Silva declared the Brazilian Serie A club will always be home but thanked them for allowing him to take the next massive step in his career by selling him to Real.
I m very happy with this moment. It s a unique moment in my life, it s a dream come true, he said.
I have to say thank to Cruzeiro, the staff, t…
Everton eyeing Adnan Januzaj
Premier League outfit Everton are considering a late move on Manchester United youngster Adnan Januzaj, .
The Toffees are in desperate need of reinforcements as they hope to save their season and the Belgium international is one of the first names on Roberto Martinez s hist-list.
The Spaniard will attempt to recruit the 19-year-old on loan until the end of the season, although it remains to be seen whether Louis van Gaal will be prepared to let Januzaj leave.
The Dutch manager is believed to have already rejected an offer from PSG, in spite of the fact that the talented winger hasn t featured much at Old Trafford of late.
Januzaj made a total of 12 Premier League appearances this season, starting five of those games, …