Wenger believes Wilshere will sign new Arsenal deal

Arsene Wenger is confident Jack Wilshere will sign a new deal after the two men sit down to discuss the Arsenal midfielder s future.

Wilshere s contract is due to expire in June, which has prompted speculation he could be set to leave Emirates Stadium for nothing as he seeks regular playing time.

The 25-year-old spent the previous season on loan at Bournemouth, and had not started a Premier League game for the Gunners since May 2016, prior to forcing his way into the XI for each of the team s last three league outings.

Wilshere will hope to make it four starts in succession when Arsenal visit Crystal Palace on Thursday and Wenger confirmed talks are due to be held in the near future.

I will sit down with him, yes, he told a media conference.

I b…

West Ham in for Joe Allen

West Ham United are interested in signing Stoke City midfielder Joe Allen, according to Sky Sports.

The Hammers have been continuously linked with a move for the Wales international in the lead up to the transfer window reopening though the Potters have held firm in their stance of wanting to retain his services.

Hammers’ boss David Moyes has is on the lookout for a midfielder, with Jonjo Shelvey, Steven Nzonzi and William Carvalho also on his radar.

Allen moved to the Bet 365 Stadium from Liverpool in the summer of 2016 and has since racked up sixty appearances in all competitions, scoring nine goals.

He began his career with Swansea City, playing for them one hundred and fifty times before securing his move to Anfield while internationally he has…

Zenit v Benfica: Pereira, Lima set to return for Portuguese champions

Benfica are expected be boosted by the returns of Maxi Pereira and Lima for Wednesday s UEFA Champions League fixture against Zenit.

First-team regulars Pereira and Lima missed Benfica s 4-1 win over Moreirense in the Taca de Portugal on Saturday.

Uruguay international defender Pereira was rested by Benfica coach Jorge Jesus after playing against Costa Rica and Chile midweek, while Brazilian striker Lima missed the cup clash due to injury.

But the pair are set to make the important trip to Russia with Benfica s qualification hopes on the line in Group C.

Maxi Pereira arrived a few days ago, made two appearances for Uruguay, was tired but will be an option in Russia, Jesus told reporters post-game on Saturday.

Compared to Lima, who had a problem …

Dembele gets medical all-clear to return for Barcelona

Ousmane Dembele has been cleared to make his Barcelona return after spending three and a half months out through injury, the club have confirmed.

The 20-year-old tore his hamstring in a LaLiga clash with Getafe on September 16 and missed the rest of 2017 after undergoing surgery in Finland.

The club s record signing has now been given the medical all-clear and could make his comeback for the first team as soon as Thursday, when they face Celta Vigo in the first leg of the Copa del Rey last 16.

Dembele joined Barca from Borussia Dortmund for an initial fee of €105million last August following Neymar s world-record €222m move to Paris Saint-Germain.

He managed only three appearances for Ernesto Valverde s side before injury struck in the 2-1 win at Col…

Redknapp considers keeping Campbell

Harry Redknapp claims several Championship sides want Queens Park Rangers striker DJ Campbell following his loan spell at Ipswich Town.

Campbell managed just 11 English Premier League appearances in 2011/12, only two of which were starts.

He impressed on loan at Ipswich earlier this season, scoring 10 goals in 17 league outings.

Mick McCarthy s side are believed to be one of the clubs interested in signing the 31-year-old on a permanent basis.

Redknapp however has claimed he may consider keeping Campbell at QPR as they attempt to escape the Premier League relegation zone.

Speaking to reporters, Redknapp said: There s been nothing really (offers for players). The only one I ve had people ring me up about is DJ Campbell.

There are about si…